First Parish Court
First Parish Court Website
FIRST PARISH COURT, PARISH OF JEFFERSON
February 18, 2022
We are aware that scammers are attempting to collect money
appearing as if they are calling from the First Parish Court. This is
not a method First Parish Court will ever utilize. Any
correspondence about a case will come through the US Mail or
an official process server. If you want to check on any case, call
the Clerk of Court at First Parish Court at 504 736-8910 or appear
in person at 924 David Dr. Metairie, La. 70003.
It is unlawful for employees of the clerk of court’s office to offer legal advice. Those needing assistance with court matters should immediately consult a qualified attorney or an organization that offers legal assistance.
- All incidents that occur on the East Bank of Jefferson Parish.
- Misdemeanors (Theft under $750.00, Shoplifting under $500.00, Disturbing the Peace, Simple Battery, etc.)
- Driving While Intoxicated (1st & 2nd Offenses)
- Title 14 traffic offenses (Hit & Run, ROMV, Simple Obstruction, etc.)
- All Title 32 cases that occur on the East Bank of Jefferson Parish (Speeding, Driving under Suspension, Failure to Yield, etc.)
- Offenses related to traffic accidents and traffic tickets (NOTE: Fines & costs may be paid at the sheriff’s office. You may be able to pay your traffic citation online via the sheriff’s web services. Click here to search for your citation record. Some infractions require a mandatory court appearance. No payments may be made if personal injury is involved.)
- For additional information or answers to questions regarding traffic matters, contact the traffic department at (504) 731-4682. For additional information or answers to questions regarding criminal matters, contact the criminal department at (504) 736-8910.
- Lawsuits where the amount of damages sought is $20,000.00 or less.
For additional information about jurisdiction and filing fees or for additional information or answers to questions regarding civil matters, contact the civil department at (504) 736-8391. Click on the following for forms and fees: Forms Civil Filing Fees