2nd Parish Court
**IMPORTANT** It is unlawful for employees of the clerk of court’s office to offer legal advice. Those needing assistance with court matters should immediately consult a qualified attorney or an organization that offers legal assistance.
- All incidents that occur on the West Bank of Jefferson Parish.
- Misdemeanors (Theft under $300.00, Shoplifting under $100.00, Disturbing the Peace, Simple Battery, etc.)
- Driving While Intoxicated (1st & 2nd Offenses)
- Title 14 traffic offenses (Hit & Run, ROMV, Simple Obstruction, etc.)
- All Title 32 cases that occur on the West Bank of Jefferson Parish (Speeding, Driving under Suspension, Failure to Yield, etc.)
- Offenses related to traffic accidents and traffic tickets (NOTE: Fines & costs may be paid at the sheriff’s office. You may be able to pay your traffic citation online via the sheriff’s web services. Click here to search for your citation record. Note: some infractions require a mandatory court appearance. No payments may be made if personal injury is involved. Call the judicial administrator at (504) 364-2800 for more information. If delinquent on payments, call the contempt department at (504) 364-2803.
- Lawsuits where the amount of damages sought is $20,000.00 or less.
For additional information about jurisdiction and filing fees, please contact the civil filing department at (504) 364-2932. Click on the following for forms and fees: Forms Civil Filing Fees
For hours of operation and complete directions and a map to our office, click here.